Fall Ball Online Registration
OYO offers one the largest Fall Ball program in Central Indiana for baseball and softball players. We welcome players from the local community and from Central Indiana community as far east as New Castle, as far north as Kokomo, as far west as Avon and as far south as Columbus. Founded in 2008, the program has continued to grow each year and we now offer 10 divisions representing more than 55 teams and 630 players during each of the past three seasons.
Our Fall Ball program begins with practices in mid- August and culminates with a single-elimination, one-day tournament in late September. Teams are offered one Sunday and one weeknight practice in August until the games begin on August 25, 2019. Team schedules will be released on or around August 14, 2019.
All teams play doubleheaders on Sundays, except for Junior Rookie. After games begin, teams continue their weeknight practices, which are optional for players. All games and practices are conducted at OYO – or OYO approved facilities – only.
Online registration opens June 22, 2019 for all our Fall Ball leagues. The 2019 registration fees are $80 for Junior Rookie, $100 for players who will be in our 12 and under leagues and $115 for those in Junior Baseball or 14U/16U Softball. After July 21, fees will increase $15 per player. Please note, six of our 10 divisions reached maximum capacity before our early registration deadline last season. So, it is important to register early to secure your ballplayer's roster spot!
Schedule for Fall Ball 2019
- June 22 --Fall Registration Opens
- July 21 --Early Registration Ends
- July 28 --Head Coaches Selected, Notified
- August 1 --Coaches Orientation, Player Ranking Review (coaches only)
- August 5 --Rosters Released, Team Assignments Announced to families
- August 5 --Game Schedule Released
- August 11 --Practices Begin
- August 18 -- Field/Park Prep (Noon-4 p.m.)
- August 23 -- Team Uniform distribution
- August 25 -- Games Begin* (played weekly on Sundays thru September 23)
- September 8 -- Picture Day
- September 8 -- Tournament Drawing
- September 15 -- Final Tournament Bracket posted
- September 22 -- Mandatory Pre-Tournament Meeting for Coaches
- September 29 -- Single-Day Elimination Tournament
- October 6 -- Single-Day Elimination Tournament (rain date)
* Sunday games that are canceled due to weather or poor field conditions will be rescheduled for the following Saturday at a time TBA.
**Although we do our best to adhere to our posted schedule, OYO reserves the right to change dates if weather or field conditions make it necessary.
What Divisions Are Offered -- and What Divisions Is My Ballplayer Eligible For?
OYO will once again offer 10 divisions for the 2019 Fall Ball season. See the grid below for divisions available. If any division fails to meet minimum player registrations to form a competitive league, then OYO will offer a refund for those players registered for a league not formed. Players should register for divisions based on their age as next year to gain some early experience for the upcoming season.
Registration guidelines are as follows:
- Baseball: player's age as of April 30, 2020
- Softball: player's age as of January 1, 2020
|Junior Rookie||6 (co-ed)||$80|
|Junior Baseball 13-14||13-14||$115|
|Junior Baseball 15-16||15-16||$115|
** Denotes all fees will increase by $15 per player after July 21, 2019.
Multi-Tasking Activities Shouldn't Be a Problem for Fall Ball
And once again, for those who are considering playing other sports or activities such as soccer, flag football, dance, gymnastics, etc., our Fall Ball program format is uniquely positioned to do both. Our schedule involves games on Sundays only and optional weeknight practices so that players can minimize the conflicts and maximize their experience in all their activities.
You no longer need to request a payment plan if you need extra time to pay your ballplayer's fees. We have worked the payment plan option into the OYO League Toolbox Registration Process and you may now make installment payments via debit or credit card. You are REQUIRED to pay a down payment at the time of registration. The payment plan will show a breakdown of your payments and their due dates, which are built into the system. All outstanding, prior season, balances must be satisfied in order to register for an upcoming season.
OYO encourages all kids to play ball, regardless of their financial status. We've simplified the process - you no longer need to print and email an application to request an OYO scholarship. Simply CLICK HERE, complete and submit the request.
Only individual player registrations are accepted. No team registrations are allowed for OYO Fall Ball. To learn more about Fall Ball, contact any Executive Board Member.
Got Questions? We Have the Answers!
To learn all about our Fall Ball program -- or to have your questions answered -- visit our FAQs section and download the Fall Ball overview.
If you have a question about the league your child should participate in this fall, then please contact one of our vice presidents:
- Michael DeSanto, Executive Vice President (baseball) | Mike Springer, Second Vice President (softball)
If you have a registration-related question, please contact one of the following OYO Board Members: