UPDATES COMING IN FEBRUARY 2023
OYO offers one the largest Fall Ball program in Central Indiana for baseball and softball players. We welcome players from the local community and from Central Indiana community as far east as New Castle, as far north as Kokomo, as far west as Avon and as far south as Columbus. Founded in 2008, the program has continued to grow each year and we now offer 10 divisions representing more than 50 teams and 600 players during each of the past three seasons.
Our Fall Ball program begins with practices in mid- August and culminates with a single-elimination, one-day tournament in mid-October. All ballplayers are offered:
- one Sunday and one weeknight practice in August until the games begin
- weeknight practices all season long after games begin
- seven weekends of doubleheaders (Tee Ball and Junior Rookie are only scheduled for one game on Sundays)
- one tournament Sunday, which will be Sunday, October 16 and rain dates are set for October 23-24 (tournament in all divisions except Tee Ball)
- Game times on Sundays during regular season are 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3:15 p.m., 5:15 p.m. (and Tournament Sunday starts one hour earlier)
Please note, after games begin, teams continue their weeknight practices, which are optional for players. All games and practices are conducted at OYO.
Online registration is now open for all our Fall Ball divisions. The 2022 registration fees are projected to remain the same at $80 for Tee Ball, $90 for Junior Rookie, $110 for players who will be in our 12 and under leagues and $125 for those in Junior Baseball or 14U/16U Softball. After July 17, fees will increase $15 per player. Please note, all 10 divisions reached maximum capacity before our early registration deadline ended last season. So, it is important to register early to secure your ballplayer's roster spot!
Schedule for Fall Ball 2022
- June 25 -- Fall Registration Opens
- July 17 -- Early Registration Ends
- July 19 -- Head Coaches Selected, Notified
- July 26 -- Rosters Released, Team Assignments Announced to families
- July 31 -- Field/Park Prep (Noon-4 p.m.)
- August 4 -- Coaches Orientation, Player Ranking Review (coaches only)
- August 7 -- Practices Begin
- August 19 -- Game Schedule Released
- August 26 -- Team Uniform distribution
- August 28 -- Games Begin (played weekly on Sundays thru October 9, including on Labor Day weekend)
- September 11 -- Tentative Team and Individual Picture Day
- September 26 -- Final Tournament Bracket posted
- October 9 -- Mandatory Pre-Tournament Meeting for Coaches
- October 16 -- Single-Day Elimination Tournament
- October 22-23 -- Single-Day Elimination Tournament (rain date)
* Sunday games that are canceled due to weather or poor field conditions will not be rescheduled per 2022 rainout policy.
**Although we do our best to adhere to our posted schedule, OYO reserves the right to change dates if weather or field conditions make it necessary.
What Divisions Are Offered -- and What Divisions Is My Ballplayer Eligible For?
OYO will once again offer 10 divisions for the 2022 Fall Ball season. See the grid below for divisions available. If any division fails to meet minimum player registrations to form a competitive league, then OYO will offer a refund for those players registered for a league not formed. Fall Ball players are encouraged to play in the division they will enroll in the following spring.
Registration guidelines are as follows:
- Baseball: player's age as of April 30, 2023
- Softball: player's age as of January 1, 2023
- Fall Ball Level for Your Player: Fall Ball players are encouraged to play in the division they will enroll in the following spring. If a player wishes to level up or level down to be in a division best suited for their needs, they should contact the VP of Baseball or VP of Softball, respectively. See below for contact details.
|Tee Ball||4-5 (co-ed)||$80|
|Junior Rookie||6 (co-ed)||$90|
|Junior Baseball 13-16||13-14||$125|
** Denotes all fees will increase by $15 per player after July 17, 2022.
Multi-Tasking Activities Shouldn't Be a Problem for Fall Ball
And once again, for those who are considering playing other sports or activities such as soccer, flag football, dance, gymnastics, etc., our Fall Ball program format is uniquely positioned to do both. Our schedule involves games on Sundays only and optional weeknight practices so that players can minimize the conflicts and maximize their experience in all their activities.
You no longer need to request a payment plan if you need extra time to pay your ballplayer's fees. We have worked the payment plan option into the OYO League Toolbox Registration Process and you may now make installment payments via debit or credit card. You are REQUIRED to pay a down payment at the time of registration. The payment plan will show a breakdown of your payments and their due dates, which are built into the system. All outstanding, prior season, balances must be satisfied in order to register for an upcoming season.
OYO encourages all kids to play ball, regardless of their financial status. We've simplified the process - you no longer need to print and email an application to request an OYO scholarship. Simply CLICK HERE, complete and submit the request.
Only individual player registrations are accepted. No team registrations are allowed for OYO Fall Ball. To learn more about Fall Ball, contact any Executive Board Member.
Got Questions? We Have the Answers!
To learn all about our Fall Ball program -- or to have your questions answered -- visit our FAQs section and download the Fall Ball overview.
LEVEL-UP INQUIRIES | If you have a question about the league your child should participate in this fall, then please contact one of our vice presidents:
- Randy Working, Executive Vice President (baseball) | Mario Covarrubias, Second Vice President (softball)
REGISTRATION INQUIRIES | If you have a registration-related question, please contact one of the following OYO Board Members: