Oaklandon Youth Organization (OYO) is an all-volunteer youth baseball and softball organization providing recreational leagues for children, regardless of ability, in a “fair play” atmosphere. Consistent with the philosophy of one of our organization’s founders, Bill Sturm, the OYO Board of Directors believes every child with a desire to learn and play baseball and softball should be provided with an opportunity to play.
There are many expenses necessary to keep OYO successful. This includes general field maintenance, equipment upkeep and purchases, as well as park and field improvements. These expenses are paid through sponsor donations and registration fees. Yet, we understand the occasional need to allow an extended time period to pay registration fees or registration assistance – also known as scholarships.
To simplify the process, we continue to offer payment plans through our LeagueApps registration process. What’s more, we have partnered with Dick’s Sporting Goods to help support our popular scholarship program for families needing assistance this spring. Details for all three offerings appear below.
It is no longer necessary to request a payment plan for you to receive extra time to pay ballplayer fees. We have worked the payment plan option into the OYO LeagueApps Registration Process. You may now make installment payments online using your debit or credit card. The initial payment is required at the time of registration and the payment plan will show a breakdown of your payments and their due dates, which are built into the system.
In addition, we will no longer be manually registering ball players if there are outstanding, prior season, balances All past due balances must be paid in full prior to registering for an upcoming season. You may pay any outstanding balancing by using a debit or credit card through OYO LeagueApps.
Scholarship Plan thru Dick’s Sporting Goods
The DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation has committed a $5,000,000 Sports Matter grant to Every Kid Sports, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, to provide income-restricted families financial assistance to cover player registration fees and help ensure every kid in your community has a chance to play in your league next season. Please note, this is a nationwide program so funds will be tapped into by families wanting to play a variety of sports around the country. So act fast as funds will be awarded where applicable on a first come, first served basis.
As a valued partner of DICK’S Sporting Goods and the DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation, the OYO Board of Directors would like to share this opportunity with you to assist your ballplayer(s):
- Learn more at https://www.sportsmatter.org/s/registration-fees-and-equipment | Registration is open now and is first come first serve.
- Eligibility Requirements for this program sponsored by Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Must be for a child, 4-18 years of age, who is currently enrolled in SNAP, ACA Insurance Program, WIC, or Foster Care system
- Must be registering for participation in a recreation-level sport hosted by a youth sports organization, which OYO Spring Season and Fall Ball qualifies for
- Must be registering for an upcoming sport season, which the 2022 rec league seasons qualify for
- Learn more or see details visit: everykidsports.org as some restrictions apply | Then APPLY HERE
- Use debit card to complete online registration once received
- Also, two noteworthy criteria remain in effect at OYO with this scholarship program
- Any player who received a scholarship grant to participate in the OYO Rec League for the current season is not eligible to be selected or participate on a Rec Travel team, unless all scholarship funds from the current season are reimbursed to OYO
- Since the scholarship will cover the complete registration fee, we ask that you attend one of our Park Preparation days in mid-March for the Spring Season
Scholarship Plan thru OYO
If the installment payment plan is not a viable option for you and you do not qualify for the Every Kids Sports program through Dick’s Sporting Goods, then you may apply for an OYO Scholarship. Scholarship funds are limited and will be awarded by the Executive Board. All applications will remain confidential. There are a few additional criteria that must be met in order to be eligible.
- Request must be made using our electronic request form. You may access the form here: SCHOLARSHIP REQUEST
- Request must be received before the late registration date.
- Scholarships may not be granted to more than two players per family, unless special circumstances are approved by the OYO Executive Board.
- Any player who received a scholarship grant to participate in the OYO Rec League for the current season is not eligible to be selected or participate on a Rec Travel team, unless all scholarship funds from the current season are reimbursed to OYO.
- Since the scholarship will cover the complete registration fee, we ask that you attend one of our Field Preparation days.