Travel Coaches — Greetings! First and foremost, thank you for participating in our Bill Sturm Memorial Tournament! We are excited to host your squad during this holiday weekend of baseball and softball. Please find below 12 important tidbits of information, resources and details about forms to be submitted. Please review the content carefully and reference the links provided.
1. ABOUT THE TOURNAMENT | Last Friday, OYO President Brittany Anderson sent a heartfelt, compelling overview about this tournament and why it is so important to all of us at OYO. We truly appreciate you supporting this important tournament, which enables dozens of young children to play at OYO each year, financial means notwithstanding.
2. ONE STOP SHOP FOR ALL YOUR GAME-DAY INFORMATION | You can download everything you need for this tournament, including a complete list of participating teams on our official Bill Sturm Memorial Tournament web page.
3. CODE OF CONDUCT MATTERS | The OYO Code of Conduct is posted at the park and everyone is expected to follow this Code of Conduct. In short, “if the comment you are about to make isn’t a positive comment, then it is probably not allowed at OYO”. Please ask your team to keep that in mind.
4. FOLLOW OUR PARK LAYOUT | Review the facility’s layout so you can find the location of your field. Our fields are located in Veterans Memorial Park at 12150 East 62nd Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46236.
5. SUBMITTING SCORES AFTER YOUR GAME | Following each game played (pool play and elimination round), the winning team must submit the scoresheet to check-in table on Field 8. These will be provided to you when you check-in. The sheet must be signed by both coaches following the game.
6. DOWNLOAD THE GAME SCHEDULE | Download your age group’s schedule to track your team’s game times and game by game results. Teams should arrive at the park at least 30 minutes before their game time(s). Please be at your field ready to play at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time. We do offer two batting cages teams can use on a first come, first serve basis. Please be considerate and share the cages accordingly.
7. KNOW THY RULES | Please review the rules for each age group on the OYO website.
8. VERY SIMPLE BAT RULES FOR ALL AGES | For this tournament, teams and players are entitled to use the bat of their choice.
9. TEAM ROSTER, CODE OF CONDUCT + INSURANCE CERTIFICATE | Here are two things we are asking of each team at the time of check-in before your first game on Thursday or Friday, accordingly. Hard copies must be provided. This should be turned in at the Tournament Check-In Tent near Field 8 at the back of the park.
- Download and complete the team roster and code of conduct forms.
- Submit a copy of your certificate of insurance.
10. GOT QUESTIONS? | If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to text or email me — Michael DeSanto, Vice President of Game Day Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.345.9006. I will be onsite throughout the tournament. Please keep in mind, I also coach one of Oaklandon’s softball travel teams and may be on the field when you’re trying to contact me. If you don’t receive an immediate response, please check in with an Advisor on Duty wearing a blue shirt and they can assist you or track me down as needed. I just have one request, if you text/email, please indicate which team and age group you are with to help ensure I can best meet your needs and expectations. 🙂
11. DON’T FORGET TO PATRONIZE OUR CONCESSION STAND | If you have not been to our park yet, then you will be in for a treat. We offer a full-service concession stand and will be operating at the center of all the game activity all weekend long. Come enjoy some hot food, cold drinks and plenty of snacks. What’s more, we offer some of the most affordable prices in town, too!
12. THANK YOU! | If you have any questions, please let us know and we will work with the OYO Tournament Committee to help find answers to your questions. Thanks again for choosing OYO as your place for a tournament experience this weekend! Play Ball!
With much appreciation and gratitude!
OYO Vice President, Game Day Operations