2020 SPRING SEASON
Thank you choosing OYO for your child’s baseball/softball experience. We appreciate your support this season.
About Spring Season
OYO offers two recreational seasons for baseball and softball. For all players 12 and under, our Spring program begins with practices in March and culminates with a double-elimination tournament for most leagues in late June.
In addition, our spring season offers a full scope of services and activities, including Opening Day Parade, team pictures, all-star games, and more.
Our older ballplayers in Junior Baseball, Senior Baseball and 14U/16U Softball follow slightly delayed schedules to accommodate middle school and high school schedules. In these instances, rosters are formed by May 1, practices begin in early May, games begin slightly before/after the Memorial Day weekend and seasons end by early July.
2020 Spring Registration Fees
OYO works hard to be a good steward of your dollars. Through generous support from local businesses via our sponsorship program and responsible league management, we are able to offer a successful spring program to our OYO families at a reasonable cost. The table below outlines fees before and after registration deadlines, as well as age cut-offs:
|League||Ages||Gender(s)||Before 2/23||After 2/23|
- · Baseball: Players age as of April 30, 2020
- · Softball: Players age as of January 1, 2020
The early registration deadlines will not be extended in 2020. We appreciate your understanding of our decision to offer a later deadline but not be able to create extensions to ensure we can plan appropriately for the season. The deadlines per division are as follows:
- Challengers | No early deadline as fee is the same all year
- 8U, 10U, 12U Softball | Early registration ends February 23
- Tee Ball, Junior Rookie, Rookie, Minor, Super Major | Early registration ends February 23
- Junior Baseball, Senior Baseball, 14U/16U Softball | Early registration ends March 23
Age Cut-Offs and Level Up Requests
Players are encouraged to play in the league based on the age cut-off referenced above, which matches their age for spring play. Players are encouraged to play in their age-relevant spring division.
If you wish to make an appeal to "level up" (or even "level down") to a division different than what you are eligible for, please send an email detailing your request to Michael DeSanto (baseball) or Mike Springer (softball).
Practice and Game Schedule
At OYO for our divisions for players ages 12 and younger, we will follow the practice and game schedule format for most divisions.
- March 9 | Rosters Released
- March 14 | Practices Begin (each team receives one consistent Saturday and one weeknight practice time until games begin)
- April 18 | Opening Day and Saturday games begin (no more Saturday practices)
- Weeks of April 20 & April 27 | Weeknight practices continue
- May 4 | Weeknight Games Begin (no more weeknight practices)
- May 22-25 | Memorial Day weekend, no activity at OYO
- June 6 | Regular season ends for all divisions, except CH and TB
- June 8-18 | OYO Rec League Tournament
- June 13 | Future of OYO Parade for Tee Ball, Challengers (season ends)
- June 19 | All-Star Night for all Divisions
At OYO for our divisions for players ages 13 and older, we will follow the practice and game schedule format for most divisions.
- May 3 | Rosters Released
- May 7 | Practices Begin
- No Later Than May 26 | Games Begin (and practices end)
- Approx June 24-30 | OYO Rec League Tournament
- July 11 | Estimated completion date for Senior Baseball division
All families must complete and pay registration online to insure data accuracy and avoid lost forms or payments. Families are asked to complete their online registrations, paying via credit card.
Secure Transaction Process
LeagueApps requires all families to register and submit payment online while keeping your family's personal information more secure than ever. No OYO Board Member or participant will ever have access to your account information, including credit card transaction detail.
You no longer need to request a payment plan if you need extra time to pay your ballplayer's fees. We have worked the payment plan option into the OYO LeagueApps Registration Process and you may now make installment payments via debit or credit card. You are required to pay a down payment at the time of registration. The payment plan will show a break down of your payments and their due dates, which are built into the system. All outstanding, prior season, balances must be satisfied in order to register for an upcoming season.
OYO encourages all kids to play ball, regardless of their financial status. We've simplified the process - you no longer need to print and email an application to request an OYO scholarship. Simply click here to complete and submit the request.
If you have questions regarding registering your child at OYO, please contact one of the following OYO Board Members:
There are two levels of refunds with very specific timeframes.
- 100% | If you request to cancel your registration before your child is assigned to a team, your fees (minus processing fees) will be refunded at 100%
- 50% | After teams have been formed, you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee until Opening Day
- 0% | There will be no refunds after Opening Day
- If you have any questions please contact Karen Grese, OYO Treasurer.
Click here to begin the registration process for the 2020 Spring Season.