As we we slowly inch our way toward the 2024 Spring Season, we have one board committee that is in need of two more members to ensure a smooth experience all year long.
We are seeking two more scheduling co-chairs to join the OYO Board and help create accurate and balanced schedules throughout 2024. If interested, let us know today!
In short, we want you — and our 1800 ballplayers from nearly 1200 families need you! If you enjoy giving back to the community, demonstrate amazing grace and patience with ballplayers and families and desire to team up with fellow volunteers and make new, lasting friendships, then the 2024 OYO Board of Directors is the place to be.
What’s expected of a Scheduling Co-Chair?
- Be an active member of a 3-4-person committee that carries out the duties of this game day operation function
- Oversee and coordinate all league regular season and all tournament game schedules
- Conduct blind tournament draws and produce tournament brackets for all rec league tournaments
- Collaborate with the Umpire Committee when scheduling games and tournaments to ensure proper umpire accommodations and staffing can be achieved
- Schedule teams for batting cage reservations upon request
- Attend and participate in monthly board meetings (one per quarter in person, remainder virtual)
- Serve Advisor on Duty (AOD) shifts during spring and fall seasons (approx. five in spring, three in fall)
- Represent the very best of OYO at all times (including social media engagement, sportsmanship)
So, why you? During the past 20 years, more than 250 individuals have volunteered their time and talents as board members to help ensure our ballplayers and families could truly enjoy their OYO experience each season. We are fortunate to have a very diverse board representing every aspect of OYO’s baseball and softball programs and stakeholders. We are not just board colleagues, but friends outside of OYO, too. Being a board member is fun and rewarding as each board member finds great satisfaction in rolling up their sleeves and jumping in the trenches to work with fellow board members who work tirelessly for the children and families of OYO. More importantly, we are just everyday moms, dads, coaches, team parents, fans and more — like you — who have a ballplayer or two playing at OYO.
To get involved… All you need to do is reply to this message and let us know you’re interested. Then, one of our current executive board members will work with you to pair you with the role or need that best fits your interests.
Thank you for your consideration and continued support and choosing OYO as your place for baseball and softball. We hope you will answer this call and make OYO the beneficiary of your volunteer service in 2024.
Join the Board!
The OYO Executive Board