Our incredible 2024 Board of Directors is set, but we can still use more hands on deck to make the year ahead an amazing one for every family who calls OYO home to their baseball and softball experience.
At this time, we would like to expand our Marketing Chairperson position into a co-chair role. Are you creative and enjoy storytelling? Then the OYO Marketing Co-Chair role may be right for you! And, you will get to team up with an OYO veteran who can provide perspective and resources to make your role even easier!
2024 marks our 50th year of baseball and softball at OYO, and our league is growing at an unprecedented rate and the league’s engagement is greater than ever. More than ever, it’s important we’re communicating frequently and often to newcomers and returning families, too.
For more details, here’s the description of the role (and general board responsibilities):
- Oversee, update and maintain the OYO website
- Oversee and lead all brand identity and organizational positioning initiatives
- Provide market research support and oversight for new programs and concepts
- Develop marketing campaigns to support organization’s growth and expansion
- Present communication recommendations to the OYO board
- Support online registration development and structure with basic programming and content additions
- Contribute content and information to regular editions of This Week in OYO (TWIO)
- Serve five AOD shifts in the spring, three AOD shifts in the fall
- Participate in park prep days and projects
- Attend monthly board meetings, which are a mix of in-person and hybrid meetings
- Assist with special ad hoc projects, as needed
During the past 20 years, nearly 300 individuals have volunteered their time and talents as board members to ensure our ballplayers and families could truly enjoy their OYO experience. We are just everyday moms, dads, coaches, team parents, fans and more who care and work together to make a difference.
We hope you will answer this call and make OYO the beneficiary of your volunteer efforts in 2024. Rest assured, more than 1800 ballplayers from 1000 families will value your contributions!
Come Make A Difference! Email us today to share your interest in joining the OYO Board!