Help Bring OYO’s Tournaments to Life in 2023! Join the Board Today!
The OYO leadership team is seeking to fill a very important and brand new function on the OYO Board of Directors in 2023. If you have ever considered serving on the OYO Board, then now is the time to take action and become a board member. Our ballplayers and families are counting on you!
In 2023, we have created a new board position — Rec Travel Tournament Chairperson — to help oversee and manage the operations for OYO’s two key rec travel/all-star tournaments. These tournaments help raise funds for a non-profit organization providing services to families impacted by adolescent and teenage substance abuse and for OYO’s scholarship program which helps provide financial assistance to more than 75 players and families annually. So, while these tournaments are tremendous opportunities for players from OYO and across Central Indiana, these events are also true difference makers for the local community. Below are the basic responsibilities and duties for the Rec Travel Tournament Chair.
REC TRAVEL TOURNAMENT CHAIRPERSON DUTIES
- Oversee all all-star travel baseball and softball tournament programs and activities
- Partner with Vice President of Travel Baseball, Travel Baseball Commissioners, Vice President of Travel Softball and Travel Softball Commissioners to maximize team recruitment for tournaments
- Manage all facets of the annual David Manlove Memorial Tournament (early June)
- Manage all facets of the annual Bill Sturm Memorial Tournament (July)
- Provide guidance for full-time travel program for coordinating and managing successful tournaments independently
- Responsibilities include overseeing (but not directly performing such duties) with the help of other OYO Board Members to market the event, field inquiries from interested teams, collect registrations, ensure payments are made, finalize rules, develop schedules, select trophies, recruit umpires, communicate to participating teams and execute event
GENERAL BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend and participate in monthly board meetings
- Serve Advisor on Duty (AOD) shifts during spring and fall seasons
- Represent the very best of OYO at all times
- Fulfill duties of chairperson role and keep appropriate executive board members informed
We truly appreciate your consideration and interest in this opportunity. Share your interest and learn more today by sending us an email! We hope you will answer this call and make OYO the beneficiary of your volunteer service in 2023. While teams around the city will appreciate and value your efforts these two popular tournaments, many families within OYO will benefit from your dedication and commitment.
As always, thank you for choosing OYO as your place for baseball and softball — and hopefully your place to volunteer, too!