More than 50 members of the dynamic 2024 OYO Board of Directors have rolled up the sleeves and jumped in the trenches to already begin making preparations for next year’s seasons serving all our rec league, rec travel and full-time travel ballplayers. To ensure we continue our success into our 50th Spring Season and 17th Fall Ball Season, we are seeking a few more volunteers!
The OYO Board of Directors is a group of remarkable and incredible people who genuinely enjoy serving the league’s ballplayers and families by sharing their time and talents. If you have ever thought about serving on the OYO Board, we would like to explore these opportunities with you (or others where we can consider co-chair capacities). Our current needs are listed here and detailed “job derscriptions” appear further below on this page:
- Scheduling Co-Chairs (2 openings)
- Ways and Means Co-Chair (1 opening)
- At-Large Board Positions (4 openings)
If you enjoy giving back to the community and teaming up with friends from throughout OYO to create memorable experiences, then the 2024 OYO Board of Directors is the place to be. What’s more, the OYO Board just happens to be one of the largest youth sports all-volunteer board of directors in Central Indiana.
Just simply email us to let us know you’re interested in joining the 2024 OYO Board of Directors. Then, based on your interest, experience and background, we’ll work with you to pair you with the role or need that best fits your interests.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL OYO BOARD MEMBERS
- Attend and participate in monthly board meetings (one per quarter in person, remainder virtual)
- Serve Advisor on Duty (AOD) shifts during spring and fall seasons (approx. five in spring, three in fall)
- Represent the very best of OYO at all times (including social media engagement, sportsmanship)
- Fulfill duties of chairperson role and keep appropriate executive board members informed
At this time, the following three board positions are available (and duties listed under each):
- Oversee and coordinate all league regular season and all tournament game schedules
- Responsible for the rescheduling of all make up games, where applicable
- Conduct blind tournament draws and produce tournament brackets for all league tournaments
- Collaborate with the Umpire Committee when scheduling games and tournaments to ensure proper umpire accommodations and staffing can be achieved
- Schedule teams for batting cage reservations upon request within 24 hours of receiving information
- Develop Advisor on Duty schedules for spring and fall seasons
WAYS & MEANS CO-CHAIR
- Responsible for all fundraising, including sponsorship support for each spring and fall season
- Solicit corporate sponsorships for naming rights to select fields and structures around the park
- Solicit team sponsorships for each spring and fall rec league team
- Collect pledged funds and coordinate delivery to the Treasurer via check or online payment
- Maintain all accurate records, including fees paid, contact information and player request information
- Coordinate information for uniform printer by stated deadlines and for sign printer for display signs to be posted at Veterans Memorial Par
AT-LARGE BOARD POSITIONS
- Assist with special ad hoc projects, as needed
- Invest the time and effort to learn more about OYO
- Serve as an ambassador for OYO on and off the field by promoting programs and services
- Shadow select board members to better understand functions and duties
Learn more today…
If you have questions, contact Michael DeSanto, President.
Thank you for your continued support and choosing OYO as your place for baseball and softball.
Now, we hope you will answer this call and make OYO the beneficiary of your volunteer service in 2024. Rest assured, more than 1000 families and 1800 ballplayers will greatly appreciate the difference you make.
Step up to the plate and join the board!