As we prepare to open our 12th season of Fall Ball at Veterans Memorial Park, we are encouraging all our families to come out and make a difference. As an all-volunteer organization, OYO relies on and needs the support of all our families to help ensure our park is prepared and ready for Opening Day.
We’re asking all coaches, parents and other willing volunteers (including ballplayers) to come out and assist with basic chores small and large to prepare our park for the start of the season.
Join us on either Saturday, August 17 or Sunday, August 18 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. While we don’t anticipate family members to be able to lend their hand for four hours on either Park Prep Day, we hope every family can volunteer an hour or two to improve the quality of the surroundings at the ballpark.
Please come out and make a difference — one that will improve your family’s experience all season long. And, we recommend you wear old shoes and bring work gloves. A sampling of the projects we need to complete this weekend are summarized below.
Thank you for your continued support and for choosing OYO as your place for baseball and softball!
Preliminary Punch List
- Complete Trash Pickup
- Weed pulling
- Edging the infield/outfield transitions
- Leveling all pitching rubbers and home plates with mound clay (some out back and some in the tractor barn)
- Stock the sheds with 10 bags of lime/chalk and make sure there are lining machines in the sheds (2 for each up front, 1 for field 13 and 4 in the back shed)
- Debris blown off sidewalks and walking paths
- Blue tarps secured to all backstops
- Black bumpers re-secured or installed where necessary on all backstops
- Bleachers put into appropriate positions
- Bunker rake / nail drag / finish drag all skinned areas
- Completely clean out the equipment portion of the barn
- Fold / Store all tarps
- Trash removal from barn
- ID items to either store or throw away
- Organize shelves with equipment/materials
- Move buckets, pales and non-grounds equipment crap to another location