Our incredible 2024 Board of Directors is set, but we can still use more hands on deck to make the year ahead an amazing one for every family who calls OYO home to their baseball and softball experience — and prepare for even more growth in 2024 and beyond.
2024 marks our 50th year of baseball and softball at OYO, and our league is growing at an unprecedented rate and the league’s engagement is greater than ever. More than ever, we need all hands on deck!
Do you like creating a positive impact in the lives of our young ballplayers? Do you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and jumping in the trenches with other selfless volunteers to make a difference? Do you value the community experience OYO offers and wants to extend its welcoming environment to even more families?
If you answered “yes” to any one of those questions, let alone all three, then an At-Large board member role may be right for you! This would allow you an opportunity to jump in and support both existing initiatives and ad hoc projects while becoming more familiar with the processes and procedures behind the scenes. Then, as the board expands in late 2024, you would be an excellent candidate for one of our new, expanded roles to come.
For more details, here’s the description of the role (and general board responsibilities):
- Assist with special ad hoc projects, as needed
- Invest the time and effort to learn more about OYO
- Serve as an ambassador for OYO on and off the field by promoting programs and services
- Shadow select board members to better understand functions and duties
- Participate in park prep days and projects
- Serve approximately five Advisor on Duty (AOD) shifts in the spring, three AOD shifts in the fall
- Attend and contribute to monthly board meetings, which are a mix of in-person and hybrid meetings
During the past 20 years, nearly 300 individuals have volunteered their time and talents as board members to ensure our ballplayers and families could truly enjoy their OYO experience. We are just everyday moms, dads, coaches, team parents, fans and more who care and work together to make a difference.
We hope you will answer this call and make OYO the beneficiary of your volunteer efforts in 2024. Rest assured, nearly 2000 ballplayers from more than 1200 families will value your contributions!
Come Make A Difference! Email us today to share your interest in joining the OYO Board!