Sunday, September 29, marks the sixth and final Sunday of games at OYO. We are excited to end our 12th annual Fall Ball season with a fun single-elimination tournament featuring all 51 of our teams this season. As we prepare for Tournament Sunday, here are some very important reminders:
- Different Set of Game Times | Please read your game times and brackets carefully. All game times are as follows, 10 a.m., 12:15 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4:45 p.m. and 7 p.m. While these are slated game times, if a previous game or games run long, then times may slide back accordingly. In no instances will games start sooner than the scheduled time. Also, the National Anthem will only be played before the 10 a.m. games and all game time management will be moderated by the umpire.
- Finish the Inning Now In Effect | Once the 1 hour, 45 minute time limit is reached, teams will finish the inning (and, if needed in the event of a tie) play extra innings until a winner is determined
- Keeping the Day on Schedule | It’s getting darker sooner, so we will keep the day rolling along on schedule as much as possible. So, if we reach the time limit and either (1) the home team is up to bat and has the lead or (2) either team has a lead greater than the number of runs allowed in that inning per division rules, then the umpire will call the game before the inning is complete
- Be On Time | Per the OYO rules, if a player is not present by the time they are scheduled to bat, a coach will have to determine if they want to scratch the player from the line-up or take an out in hope the player arrives. In short, if you want your ballplayer to participate in the game on Sunday, know your team’s schedule and be on time…if not early!
- Know the Tournament Rules | There are a handful of custom tournament rules that vary from the regular season. Be in the know by downloading the OYO baseball rules and softball rules today. These impact infield playing time, number of innings at one position, pitching limitations, unlimited runs in last official inning, team eligibility, player departures mid-game, proper uniform attire, etc.
- Remember The OYO Way | What’s made the 2019 Fall Ball season such a memorable experience for many of our ballplayers and families is how our fans continue to cheer positively for their team and their friends in the other dugout, too! This is The OYO Way. Make a difference in a young ballplayer’s life and continue to cheer positively and support all players and teams on Sunday.
We truly appreciate you choosing OYO as your place for baseball and softball. We wish each and every team good luck and a great finish to their season!