Please respect the rules and policies at Veterans Memorial Park by not bringing your pets to practices or games. And please share this information with any family member who may attend your favorite ballplayer’s practice or game on any weeknight or weekend.
As spring weather turns into wonderful summer weather, everyone is eager and excited to come to the ballpark to take in the action. And based on our latest observations, this includes your favorite pets. However, OYO and the City of Lawrence Parks and Recreation Department have specific policies regarding pets at Veterans Memorial Park. As signs around the park indicate, all pets are not permitted even if they are on a leash, unless they are a service animal for any child or adult.
So, effective immediately, if an OYO Advisor on Duty (AOD) observes pets at the ballpark, our volunteer board member will politely remind you of this policy and ask you to depart the premises and find a safe place for your pet before returning to the game. Please note, with the warm temperatures, we emphasize taking your dog home and coming back — and not leaving your dog in a hot car while watching the game.
We also have a variety of important Park Rules, and we ask for your support in abiding by the following Park Rules for the safety and comfort of all players and spectators.
- No alcoholic beverages
- No firearms
- No smoking or tobacco products permitted in park
- No parking in designated areas or in grass areas
- All players must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- No small children on the fields or left unattended by an adult
- No dogs or pets in the park
- No roller blades, skateboards or bike riding allowed
- No hitting hard balls into fence
- No swinging bats outside common playing areas and around batting cages
- Watch and play at your own risk
We apologize for any inconvenience resulting from this policy. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.