We hope the fall is off to a great start! Kids are back in the swing of school and sports, and life is busy for all, I am sure!
You and your family are a very important part of our league. Everything we do is for your kiddos, so that they may have an amazing baseball and softball experience! We are a not for profit, all-volunteer run league governed by a board of directors. We appreciate the gifts each of our board members bring to our board.
We are currently looking to fill a few very important positions on our board. Some of the roles we are seeking to fill include:
- Executive Vice President* (overseeing baseball)
- Ways and Means Co-Chairpersons (overseeing sponsorships)
- Umpire Scheduling Chairperson
- Junior Rookie Commissioner
- 08U Softball Commissioner
The term for these positions begins in November and continues for one full year (November-October), except for the executive board positions which are two year commitments (denoted by *). Each role is essential to the operation of our league.
In addition to fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of the respective position, each board member also:
- serves 10-12 AOD shifts per year (six in spring, four in fall, two over summer)
- participates in park prep days and projects
- attends monthly board meetings, which are a mix of in-person and hybrid meetings
- assists with special ad hoc projects, as needed
We are doing great things for OYO, collectively, and we hope you will consider joining us! Please email the OYO Board
if you are interested in making a difference in 2023 AND joining this amazing group of volunteers.
Thank you for your consideration!