Fall Ball 2020 | Expanded Edition
OYO offers one the largest Fall Ball program in Central Indiana for baseball and softball players. We welcome players from the local community and from Central Indiana community as far east as New Castle, as far north as Kokomo, as far west as Avon and as far south as Columbus. Founded in 2008, the program has continued to grow each year and we now offer 10 divisions representing more than 55 teams and 630 players during each of the past three seasons.
Our Fall Ball program begins with practices in early August and culminates with a single-elimination, one-day tournament in October. Teams are offered one Saturday or Sunday and one weeknight practice in August until the games begin on August 15-16, 2020. Game schedules will be released in early August.
All teams play games on Saturday and/or Sunday. After games begin, teams continue their weeknight practices, which are optional for players. All games and practices are conducted at OYO – or OYO approved facilities – only.
Online registration opens May 20, 2020 for all our Fall Ball leagues. The 2020 Registration Fees for our expanded Fall Ball season are summarized below. After July 5, fees will increase $15 per player. Please note, six of our divisions reached maximum capacity before our early registration deadline last season. So, it is important to register early to secure your ballplayer's roster spot!
ABOUT THE EXPANDED FALL BALL PROGRAM
- Players encouraged to play division they would have been enrolled in for this past Spring Season
- In light of the state and city guidelines about social distancing and managing crowds, the OYO Board determined it would be more practical to have one expanded season (Fall only) than two mini-seasons (Spring, Fall)
- Games split between Saturday and Sunday, with majority of activity on Sundays
ABOUT THE SEASON FORMAT AND CALENDAR
- Similar model, but expanded season
- Coaches meeting week of July 13
- Uniform order to vendor by July 21 or earlier
- Practices begin August 1-2
- Games begin August 15-16
- 8 weekends of regular season games for tournament-eligible divisions thru Oct. 3-4
- 1 weekend for single-elimination tournament for tournament-eligible divisions on Oct. 10-11
- 9 weekends of games for CH and TB thru Oct. 10
ABOUT THE PRACTICE SCHEDULE AND GAME SCHEDULE
- Teams will have one practice on weeknights throughout the entire season and two weekend practices before games begin
- Most divisions play on Sundays
- Few divisions move to Saturdays
- 8U, JRO, TB, CH play on Saturdays each week (no Sunday game assignments)
- All other divisions assigned one game on Saturday on three weeks of eight-week regular season (in addition to Sunday games)
- No rescheduling of rainout games
- Tournament is October 11 | Rain Date October 18
- By the numbers…
- 12 scheduled practices
- 19 scheduled games for all divisions Ages 7+
- 9 scheduled games for all CH, TB, JRO
Schedule for Fall Ball 2019
- May 20 --Fall Registration Opens
- June 6 -- Park Prep Day
- July 5 --Early Registration Ends
- July 10 --Head Coaches Selected, Notified
- July 14 --Coaches Orientation, Player Ranking Review (coaches only)
- July 19--Rosters Released, Team Assignments Announced to families
- August 1-2 --Practices Begin
- August 3 --Game Schedule Released
- August 8-9 -- Field/Park Prep (Noon-4 p.m.)
- August 14 -- Team Uniform distribution
- August 15-16 -- Games Begin* (played weekly on Sundays thru October 4 or 11 depending on division)
- August 29-30 -- Picture Day
- September 21 -- Final Tournament Bracket posted
- October 4 -- Pre-Tournament Coaches Meeting
- October 10 -- Final Day of Challengers and Tee Ball Games and Future of OYO Parade
- October 11 -- Single-Day Elimination Tournament
- October 18 -- Single-Day Elimination Tournament (rain date)
**Although we do our best to adhere to our posted schedule, OYO reserves the right to change dates if weather or field conditions make it necessary.
What Divisions Are Offered -- and What Divisions Is My Ballplayer Eligible For?
OYO will offer 12 divisions for the 2020 Fall Ball season. See the grid below for divisions available. If any division fails to meet minimum player registrations to form a competitive league, then OYO will offer a refund for those players registered for a league not formed. Players should register for divisions based on their age as of the respective dates in 2020.
Registration guidelines are as follows:
- Baseball: player's age as of April 30, 2020
- Softball: player's age as of January 1, 2020
|Tee Ball||4-5 (co-ed)||$80|
|Junior Rookie Baseball||6 (co-ed)||$90|
|Super Major Baseball||11-12||$130|
|Junior Baseball 13-14||13-14||$140|
|Junior Baseball 15-16||15-16||$140|
** Denotes all fees will increase by $15 per player after July 6, 2020.
Multi-Tasking Activities Shouldn't Be a Problem for Fall Ball
And once again, for those who are considering playing other sports or activities such as soccer, flag football, dance, gymnastics, etc., our Fall Ball program format is uniquely positioned to do both. Our schedule involves games on Sundays only and optional weeknight practices so that players can minimize the conflicts and maximize their experience in all their activities.
You no longer need to request a payment plan if you need extra time to pay your ballplayer's fees. We have worked the payment plan option into the OYO League Toolbox Registration Process and you may now make installment payments via debit or credit card. You are REQUIRED to pay a down payment at the time of registration. The payment plan will show a breakdown of your payments and their due dates, which are built into the system. All outstanding, prior season, balances must be satisfied in order to register for an upcoming season.
OYO encourages all kids to play ball, regardless of their financial status. We've simplified the process - you no longer need to print and email an application to request an OYO scholarship. Simply CLICK HERE, complete and submit the request.
Only individual player registrations are accepted. No team registrations are allowed for OYO Fall Ball. To learn more about Fall Ball, contact any Executive Board Member.
Got Questions? We Have the Answers!
To learn all about our Fall Ball program -- or to have your questions answered -- visit our FAQs section. but remember most of those answers are for the traditional season which will resume in 2021 and
If you have a question about the league your child should participate in this fall, then please contact one of our vice presidents:
- Michael DeSanto, Executive Vice President (baseball) | Mike Springer, Second Vice President (softball)
If you have a registration-related question, please contact one of the following OYO Board Members:
- Karen Grese, OYO Treasurer