Ready, Set, Smile! OYO is revamping how we manage our team and individual photos in 2021! To better accommodate COVID-19 safety guidelines and spacing as well as create a better overall experience for all our ballplayers and families, we have worked with H&R Photography to have one dedicated Team Photo Night for all our teams in our younger divisions. This night will accommodate team photos and player individual photos. We’ve designed the Photo Night experience so teams will be scheduled on ballfields this year, using Fields 1-4 and Fields 6-9 between 5:30-7:45 p.m.
Please note, no games are scheduled for Friday, May 7. (And, if needed, the rain date is set for Friday, May 14.) Please reference the attached schedule below for your team’s scheduled photo shoot time on Friday, May 7.
Sunday, September 29, marks the sixth and final Sunday of games at OYO. We are excited to end our 12th annual Fall Ball season with a fun single-elimination tournament featuring all 51 of our teams this season. As we prepare for Tournament Sunday, here are some very important reminders:
- Different Set of Game Times | Please read your game times and brackets carefully. All game times are as follows, 10 a.m., 12:15 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4:45 p.m. and 7 p.m. While these are slated game times, if a previous game or games run long, then times may slide back accordingly. In no instances will games start sooner than the scheduled time. Also, the National Anthem will only be played before the 10 a.m. games and all game time management will be moderated by the umpire.
- Finish the Inning Now In Effect | Once the 1 hour, 45 minute time limit is reached, teams will finish the inning (and, if needed in the event of a tie) play extra innings until a winner is determined
- Keeping the Day on Schedule | It’s getting darker sooner, so we will keep the day rolling along on schedule as much as possible. So, if we reach the time limit and either (1) the home team is up to bat and has the lead or (2) either team has a lead greater than the number of runs allowed in that inning per division rules, then the umpire will call the game before the inning is complete
- Be On Time | Per the OYO rules, if a player is not present by the time they are scheduled to bat, a coach will have to determine if they want to scratch the player from the line-up or take an out in hope the player arrives. In short, if you want your ballplayer to participate in the game on Sunday, know your team’s schedule and be on time…if not early!
- Know the Tournament Rules | There are a handful of custom tournament rules that vary from the regular season. Be in the know by downloading the OYO baseball rules and softball rules today. These impact infield playing time, number of innings at one position, pitching limitations, unlimited runs in last official inning, team eligibility, player departures mid-game, proper uniform attire, etc.
- Remember The OYO Way | What’s made the 2019 Fall Ball season such a memorable experience for many of our ballplayers and families is how our fans continue to cheer positively for their team and their friends in the other dugout, too! This is The OYO Way. Make a difference in a young ballplayer’s life and continue to cheer positively and support all players and teams on Sunday.
We truly appreciate you choosing OYO as your place for baseball and softball. We wish each and every team good luck and a great finish to their season!
With the 2019-20 OYO Board of Directors elections set for Tuesday, September 10 (at 8 p.m. at Jenn Park), we’re seeking just a few more volunteers to join our Board of Directors to continue our success into our 45th season.
If you enjoy giving back to the community and teaming up with friends from throughout OYO to create memorable experiences, then the 2020 OYO Board of Directors is the place to be. What’s more, the OYO Board just happens to be one of the largest youth sports all-volunteer board of directors in Central Indiana.
Just simply email us to let us know you’re interested in joining the 2020 OYO Board of Directors. Then, based on your interest, experience and background, we’ll work with you to pair you with the role or need that best fits your interests.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL OYO BOARD MEMBERS
- Attend and participate in board meetings (approx. 8 per year)
- Serve AOD shifts during spring and fall seasons
- Represent the very best of OYO at all times
- Fulfill duties of commissioner/chairperson role and keep appropriate executive board members informed
At this time, the following six board positions are available (and duties listed under each):
GROUNDS CO-CHAIRPERSON (one more needed, two already secured)
- Maintain fields for everyday use, including bunker-rake application two times per week
- Maintain grounds conditions, including fences, dugouts, etc.
- Oversee external services, including lawn care, grounds crews, etc.
- Manage Work Days, including punch list development and supplies purchases
- Provide working equipment for fields, including chalkers and foul line sprayers
- Responsible for setting registration dates
- Develop online registration process, including all automated email communication
- Coordinate collection of all registration fees for those using online payment plans, verifying age of registrants and fielding all inquiries from families.
- Maintain and circulate registration trend report for each season to help commissioners project number of teams and coaches required
RULES & TRAINING CHAIRPERSON
- Responsible for submitting league rules to the Board of Directors and ensuring the enforcement of said rules by umpires
- Responsible for training and evaluation of all coaches, including coaches clinics
- Responsible for reviewing and assessing player evaluation process completed by coaches and used by commissioners to develop teams
UMPIRES TRAINING CHAIRPERSON
- Oversee development of umpire exam and rules clinics
- Support umpires through on-the-field training when possible during the season
- Monitor umpire evaluation forms and provide feedback to umpires
- Assist Umpire Scheduler in selecting and scheduling umpires for rec league and all-star tournaments, etc.
- Oversee and coordinate all league policies and procedures to ensure the safety of all players and spectators
- Responsible for reviewing equipment guidelines, park rules, sportsmanship conduct, and related areas
TEE BALL COMMISSIONER
- Oversee all activities and planning for Tee Ball division
- Review rules in advance of season and make recommendations to board for possible changes
- Recruit coaches, as needed, based on monitoring of coach applications
- Develop rosters and input teams into League Toolbox
- Communicate regularly with division’s coaches and, as needed, with entire division
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of the annual Future of OYO Parade
Learn more today…
Thank you for your continued support and choosing OYO as your place for baseball and softball.
Now, we hope you will answer this call and make OYO the beneficiary of your volunteer service in 2020. Rest assured, more than 1000 families and 1600 ballplayers will greatly appreciate the difference you make.
Step up to the plate and join the board!